Creating confident readers and writers: bespoke literacy training for your school
Based upon my highly successful parent and child workshops and grounded within evidence-based research, I have the perfect training packages for your school’s literacy training needs.
All workshops and training are bespoke, interactive and incorporate:
- Effective strategies for all your dyslexic learners;
- Creative and innovative literacy ideas.
Multi-sensory and inclusive phonics workshops
Do you want to help your teachers and teaching assistants develop fun and inclusive approaches to teaching phonics?
Through creating a physical and multi-sensory experience, children who struggle to hear some sounds will be able hear, grasp and process them.
This interactive and bespoke workshop will:
- explain hands-on and fun approaches for helping young readers grasp all stages of phonics;
- explore the theoretical underpinnings of memory and processing;
- provide stimulating strategies and games you can use straight away in your every day practice or interventions.
This workshop is 2 hours and is ideal for primary teachers and teaching assistants – to inform day-to-day classroom practice and/or to develop interventions.
Finding your reading and spelling super-powers!
Do you want to give your teachers and teaching assistants a theoretical grounding in reading theory that brings the concept alive and helps develop ideas for promoting reading skills in the classroom?
Are you looking for creative and effective ideas to boost reading comprehension?
Fun ways of teaching spelling strategies that really work?
This interactive and bespoke session explores:
- reading theory;
- creative and multi-sensory reading and spelling strategies, especially effective for dyslexic learners;
- theoretical insights into effective ways of developing reading for meaning and comprehension.
Normally a 2 hour session – depending on what elements are needed by you, for your staff and children. Totally bespoke training perfect for both primary and secondary.
Contact me today or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.